Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wednesday Morning Report

Gary Klein in the LA Times:
  • Carroll to conduct seminar for draft-eligible players in December. Possible early-entrants: Reggie Bush, LenDale White, Winston Justice, Steve Smith, Darnell Bing and Lawrence Jackson. "I've talked to all of the guys to let them know it's OK to talk about it," Carroll said.
  • White: "There are some guys that are going to have in their heads what they're going to do. Some people have already made up their minds."
  • Mike Williams: "I have all the money, I'm a pro athlete and I'm where I want to be on the big stage," Williams said in a telephone interview. "Still, I was talking to [Lion quarterback] Joey Harrington and I was saying, 'Man, we're young, we're rich and this and that and the other, but I still remember the days when I went to practice and went back home to the apartment with [defensive lineman] Frostee Rucker … getting ready for UCLA. I miss that."
  • More from Williams: "I regret leaving school and I really didn't understand that Coach Carroll and Coach [Lane Kiffin] and those guys had my best interest in mind. I was thinking, 'They want me to stay because it helped them.' "
  • Thomas Willams had arthoscopic surgery on his knee Tuesday.
  • Klein: Oscar Lua "took part in limited team drills but said he felt good and would work with the first-team defense today."
UPDATE: We've moved! To view up-to-date postings, go to: http://uscfootballblog.blogspot.com